Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Parenting again

Growing up I always assumed that being a parent would be an easy thing to accomplish until my child/children reached puberty and that "rebellious" phase. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Riana is "spirited" at the very least and suffering from ADHD or something else at the most. We are committed to seeing her through all that troubles her and making her well - but it is an UPHILL battle. And there are times that this sweet little girl turns this house into one that sounds like a roller-coaster with her screaming and tantruming. I am learning how to deal with these tantrums and basically to ignore them until she behaves appropriately - but it isn't easy.

For the rest of the world she is a very sweet and well mannered child. We are complimented on her bevahior often. Which makes me feel good, but inwardly I still know how she behaves.

It seems to be about control with her - she wants to make the decisions about everything - and if she doesn't make the decision - well, it is tantrum city.

As I said we are working on it - and someday with all the nurturing, affection and love we are capable of she will work through these issues and the child the rest of the world sees - we will see at all times.....

No comments: